The purpose of OneMaker Academy is to provide a Christian community, founded on Biblically based beliefs and values that encourages learning, nurtures natural ability, cultivates creative expression and supports performance through Music, Dance and Drama.
We pursue our vision from a Biblical base by aiming:
To be authentically Christian:
- To start and end with knowing God in all endeavours.
- To live under the authority of God’s Word and to interpret it thoroughly and reasonably with the guidance of His Holy Spirit.
- To staff OneMaker Academy with people committed to knowing and loving God.
- To nurture and encourage students from Pacific Hills Christian School to understand that gifts and abilities are given from God to share with others.
To provide quality education:
- To encourage and train students to love learning.
- To provide appropriate teaching and learning opportunities for students to achieve their God given potential.
- To fulfil all government requirements in the area of performing arts.
- To have the students accept the Biblical principle of stewardship in relation to their gifts and abilities.
- To encourage and train students to achieve their very best in performance.
- To encourage conductors/tutors and teachers in their own teaching development.
To practise Christian community:
- To create safe relationships through being just and fair according to Biblical principles.
- To be compassionate and merciful as God is to us.
- To nurture and train students to accept personal responsibility for themselves (self discipline), to act within an ethos of service towards others and to demonstrate an attitude of care for the environment.
- To offer our services to the wider community.
- To ensure that teaching and learning opportunities are clearly understood by staff, students and parents.